Although it’s barely been 2 weeks since the last snow, I notice how Spring is getting closer: daffodils, crocuses and snowdrops are blooming and … ice cream shops are reopening after their Winter break! 🙂 Here are some shops that recently reopened:
- Der verrückte Eismacher, Munich (Germany)
- Gelateria Mos Eisley, Berlin (Germany) opened again on 7th March
- Il Gelato di Ferigo, Cologne (Germany) opened again on 25th February, after a long break
- Jones ice cream, Berlin (Germany)
- Keiserlich, Cologne (Germany)
- Luicella’s Ice Cream, Hamburg (Germany)
- Oecher Eistreff, Aachen (Germany) reopened today
- Pistache & Chocolat, Liège (Belgium)
- I believe Woop Woop Ice Cream, Berlin (Germany) recently reopened
When a colleague recently asked how I was getting on with my ice cream blog, I had to admit that I hadn’t been very active writing, but I reassured him that I had still been actively testing ice cream here and there! 🙂 These statistics for 2019 will confirm this:
From Peru to Northern Ireland
I had my first ice cream of 2019 in Lima, during Peruvian Summer and my last ice cream in Northern Ireland, during Winter. It was great starting off the year with exotic flavours such as lúcuma and granadilla, and finishing off with lovely Winter ice cream flavours, such as mince pie, Christmas pudding, gingerbread and Christmas cookie!
Most unusual flavour of 2019…
The most unusual ice cream flavour I tried in 2019 would have to be the cheese ice cream I tried in Le Pouliguen (seaside resort in the West of France). I spotted it at Albert Glacier and ended up sharing a scoop of “Curé Nantais” ice cream with my parents. It tasted better than I would have expected. It was quite nice and creamy, although a full scoop would have been too much for me alone!
What were the most memorable ice creams you tried in 2019?
Now let the 2020 ice cream season start!! I wish you all many scoops of high quality delicious ice cream!