In my last post about Paris, I mentioned having selected three ice cream shops to try. I’m happy to say that I have now tried the second one! 🙂 & Glaces Glazed, as it is called, is well worth mentioning here!
“Funky” is how I would describe Glaces Glazed’s ice cream! They offer a different selection of original funky flavours in Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring and a few additional flavours that regularly change. In the photo below you can see what flavours I got to choose from…it was not easy narrowing it down to a selection of three flavours! What would you have chosen?
Here’s what I chose:
- infused Brazil coffee and green cardamom ice cream: I LOVED this one! It totally met my expectations! You could clearly taste both the coffee and the cardamom and both flavours blended perfectly! The texture was good too.
- popcorn-caramel-tailed pepper ice cream: I was afraid this one might be too sweet but it was just right! It was very good and really tasted of popcorn and butter-caramel. I wasn’t able to taste the pepper though.
- chocolate-ginger-wasabi sorbet: this sounded very exciting, as I had never tried any ice cream or sorbet with wasabi! It had a subtle and interesting taste, but the texture could have been nicer… maybe I am just not used to the texture of chocolate as sorbet.
Other flavour I sampled:
- buttermilk-lemon-lemongrass ice cream: I was curious about this promising combination of buttermilk and citrus fruits and it was indeed very good!
Other flavour I wish I could have tried:
- caramelized banana-curry: this flavour was on offer a few days after I went…! If you get to try it, please let me know what you think of it! 🙂
- most of the other flavours!! I look forward to visiting Glaces Glazed again to try more of their funky flavours! They mention some vegetable ice creams on their website which I’d love to try!
Spending an afternoon in Paris, trying ice cream at Glaces Glazed & coffee at the nearby kb cafeshop then strolling around Paris was a lovely way of starting off my short holidays in France!